Friday, November 21, 2014

Ninh Binh, Vietnam

Leaving the house at half past seven in the morning to catch the bus to Ninh Binh. After about a 2.5 hour drive we got out of the bus to explore our first part of the tour. I usually don't go with guided tours, but in Vietnam it is a little easier to go with a guide. We visited two temples, which were both beautiful, but a bit disappointing. There were so many tourists there, what prevented me from really enjoying the serenity and peaceful feeling - the way a temple should be. We got back into the bus and headed to the lake. A small boat which was rowed by a woman, using her feet only, took us through caves and stunning mountains. Ninh Binh is often referred to as "Ha Long bay on land". The view was absolutely breathtaking, but we could hardy see the river as it was packed with boats with tourists. Okay, I might be good at exaggerating, but it was definitely a shame. Oh what a hypocrite I am. Hating tourists when I am one myself. But follow my advice and don't go on a Sunday! The place was gorgeous, just too touristic. Half way through we stopped for a few minutes, and other boats were awaiting us, wanting to sell us stuff. Also the lady who was rowing our boat asked if we wanted to buy something of her.

The last part of our tour was the bike tour. On old mountain bikes, which felt like they could fall apart any second, we cycled on small bumpy roads with water on both sides of the tiny road, being scared to death to fall. Luckily everything went smoothly and I survived :). We cycled through rice terraces with mountains in the background and it was the most stunning view. However I wasn't able to take a lot of photos, as I was too focused on controlling my bike. After handing our modern bikes back to the rental shop, it was time to head back to Hanoi.


New ride

That smartphone in his hand though...

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are stunning! I'm so happy you experienced such a beautiful trip, great post :)

    glitterbunnies.wordpress.com
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous captures. I'd kill to inhale the fresh air! What a relief from the city. Safe travels!

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths

    ReplyDelete