Tuesday, August 19, 2014

ROAD TRIP // Schwarzwald, Germany

Two weeks ago my mom and I packed our bags, hopped in our car and drove about 2500 kilometers. After a five hour drive we arrived at our first destination of our little tour through Europe, Menzenschwand in Schwarzwald, Germany. Although we only stayed for a very short time in most places, I still have a lot of photos to share with you guys, 5 more posts coming up after this one, so keep an eye out! :)


Trees, mountains, gorgeous lakes, beautiful chalets, cowbells, and some more trees and some more mountains. That pretty much describes the scenery in the Black Forest. We only stayed two nights in Menzenschwand, so waking up early was indispensable. And trust me, not my thing. We drove to the Schluchsee, the biggest lake in Schwarzwald, where we walked around in the forest and afterwards went for a boat trip. In the afternoon we went to another lake not too far away from the Schluchsee, the Titisee. The village was a little more touristic but the atmosphere was great! On this lake we again went for a boat trip and despite the weather, it was still so picturesque! 


Schluchsee

Titisee

Waterfall near Menzenschwand 


When visiting Schwarzwald you cannot leave without having eaten a piece of Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. I think it should be illegal to eat as much cake as I did in the past two weeks, but oh boy, can't say no to Apfelstrudel in Austria now can you...



Top of the Feldberg, at 1493 meters, highest mountain in Schwarzwald! All the snowless-slopes and ski lifts made me miss skiing in winter so much! When I was younger we used to go to Switzerland or Austria for one or two weeks every year, but unfortunately we haven't gone for a very long time now, wish I could go again soon! Nevertheless, the view after climbing up 100 stairs of the Feldbergturm, was gorgeous - see panorama above!



Okay this might be a bit of a short post, but bare in mind that this was only one and a half day, and there are many more days to come! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Dear, I found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! I really like your amazing photos & style!

    would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really beautiful, love the landscape :) xx

    ReplyDelete