Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Oslo, Norway | Part III

Here it is, the final part of my 10-day journey through Scandinavia with my mom!

Det Kongelige Slott
Joe and the juice, mmmm
@Nasjonalgalleriet 

Akershus Fortress
Frozen Yogurt @Deli de Luca

After a 5 and a half hour train journey we arrived in Oslo. We dropped of our luggage at the hotel, and right away went to walk around Oslo. We walked to the palace, which was under construction, so the photos aren't too pretty with lots of trucks parked infront of it, haha! Then we walked to the harbour, everything looked very new and so expensive...! The day was already nearly over, we just went to Joe and the juice, which we also had seen in Copenhagen already, and had a delicious smoothie there! 
The next day we started off by going to the National Gallery of Norway, where they have lots of pieces by Munch. This museum I did enjoy going to, yes, surprisingly I can enjoy museums, as long as I don't have to stay there for hours and hours... :) Apr├Ęs we went to the Akershus Fortress / Castle, where you could go inside and see all sorts of treasury. You can see the fort on one of the photos above, taken from the local ferry.
Afterwards we went to the harbour again. My mom really wanted to do a small boat trip, but since all the tours for tourists were rather long and expensive, we decided to go on the local ferry. It took us to a peninsula, where we then walked around a bit. On this peninsula there mostly are massive and beautiful houses from the residents.
A few hours left of our day in Oslo, we had seen most of the touristic places already, and so we decided to quickly have a look in two shops in which I had been dying to go in to since we had arrived in Scandinavia, BikBok and Gina Tricot. Despite not being able to buy much, I did find a top in Gina Tricot and a pair of pants in BikBok, happy meee! :)))

Just before heading back to our hotel we went to Deli de Luca, where we enjoyed some frozen yogurt, my mom had never tried it before, but she sure did love it!
When the sun was setting and we were just sitting in our hotel room, my mom was still very eager to go for another boat trip. So we went back to the harbour once more and hopped on the local ferry, which went to the peninsula again. This time we didn't even get off, just to and fro! I didn't particulary find it very special, but my mom sure did and I am glad. :)

The next morning we took a train back to Copenhagen, where we stayed one more night, and then took our final train back to Almelo. And our journey came to an end. I had a really nice time in the three capital cities, and I am sure I will go back there multiple times! I hope you all are having a nice holiday as well! xo

Apologies for some photos not being very sharp, I brought my camera with me, but I only used my iPhone, I find it much easier and faster ... :)

6 comments:

  1. Seems like you have had a great trip through Scandinavia! It's really not that far away from the Netherlands, where I live, but yet I have never visited any of these three cities. After seeing your pictures once more I realize that I really should go there over the coming years.

    Love, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to take a road trip. Great post!

    Please check out my giveaway.
    Love,
    Belinda.

    Zoharous Ready-to-Wear Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lovely. Looking great :)

    Check out my new post:
    Sanja's Burgundy Blog
    Sanja's Burgundy Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaa.. I just checked your message on IFB. I'm glad I check your blog!
    it made me miss my Euro trip! Have you ever traveled to Asia?

    cheers,

    Listya Bonjep
    htt[://bonjeps-lookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having friend with girls that you like is so much easier due to the emergence of several social networking sites.

    Generally , people use text to communicate but, it is no longer just text that
    is used; it has become a multimedia affair. For something more than just private chat, YABA is designed to allow you to chat with
    who you want, in private, either one-to-one or in a special virtual room whose entry code you can share
    with your friends.

    my site seniorenchat

    ReplyDelete