Sunday, April 15, 2012

South Africa

Sunday the 1st of April I left Luxembourg and drove to Holland, where I stayed one night at my grandparents' place. The next day was my flight. From Amsterdam to Paris and from Paris Johannesburg, South Africa. At first I had a flight to East London shortly after landing in Johannesburg, but since it got cancelled I had to spend the night there and could only go to East London the morning after.
So having a day in Johannesburg, I went to a Lion park. Right at the entrance there was a giraffe, you were allowed to open your car window, so I did, and was able to stroke him. And then there was all saliva on my window...

As I said, Tuesday we finally left to East London. While in the hired car, getting lost in Cinsta, suddenly I saw my sister in a pick up truck driving the other way. She was busy feeding the horses. We got out of the cars and hugged each other on the middle of the road. Hadn't seen her for more than 2 months!
Saturday we went to a national elephant park called Addo. 
On the way we passed Areena, which is another park with Abby. the tame giraffe standing next to the road.

The drive was supposed to take 3 and a half hours but we drove 7 hours! We took small roads instead of the highway. On the map they seemed like a short cut...
The roads were TERRIBLE! Unbelievable. Then it started raining and there was thunder and lighting. Also the fuel was nearly finished...
 Hakuna matata

The second day we went on a game drive, with a guide who explained us a lot and who took us as well off the roads! Because it was an open bus, and it was raining and the wind was so cold, we were all freezing...
 We then went back to East London and this time we took the highway! We stopped in Grahamstown to spend the night.

The next day we went to Inkwenkwezie:

6 comments:

  1. very good post! i see you had a great time in south africa:) i haven't ever been there.
    xx
    http://onesecondtoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh lovely post, and you got so close to the animals, so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for this fantastic post! You must have had such an amazing trip :)

    Love, Susann
    Fashion in Pepperland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow,
    there are some amazing pictures among this post,
    feeding the giraffes looks amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete